SeaWorld Orlando in Florida, USA
SeaWorld Orlando is one of the biggest attractions in town and provides a fun-filled day for the whole family. We visited in the off-peak season on a weekday and it was a really comfortable crowd, not too busy at all with very little wait times for rides.
While there are some great rides at SeaWorld Orlando, the real stars of the SeaWorld experience are the animals and shows. Our advice is to get there early, right at opening time and ride the roller coasters first, then plan the rest of your day around the show times. Show times and park hours vary daily so be sure to check before you arrive.
One Ocean Shamu Killer Whale Show
Watch in awe as you learn all about these majestic creatures of the ocean.
Blue Horizons Dolphin Show
This show is not just about the amazing dolphin performances, it also features colourful theatrical acrobats as well as talented tropical birds.
Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High Show
A very funny and entertaining show that the whole family will love – featuring sea lions, otters and even a walrus.
Pets Ahoy Show
Witness the clever tricks performed by cats, dogs, birds and other pets that have been rescued from local animal shelters.
- Manta – This coaster makes you feel like you are flying through the air at high speeds head first. Watch our YouTube video of Manta here. You can also stop by the Manta Aquarium after the ride.
- Mako – Newly opened in June 2016, this ride is named after the fastest species of shark. This is the longest, fastest and tallest roller coaster in Orlando.
- Kraken – Named after the legend of the Kraken Sea Monster, this is Orlando’s only floorless roller coaster.
- Journey to Atlantis – Prepare to get wet on this water flume ride that travels through the sunken city of Atlantis.
Shamu’s Happy Harbour
The little ones will love the children’s play area of SeaWorld Orlando called Shamu’s Happy Harbour . There’s quite a few rides as well as a huge climbing area to keep them entertained. If the kids bring their bathers they can also play in a splash zone to keep cool in the Orlando heat.
You can see our YouTube video of Shamu’s Happy Harbour.
SeaWorld Orlando is home to an array of animal attractions including;
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin
- Turtle Trek
- Shark Encounter
- Flamingo Cove
- Dolphin Nursery
- Manta Aquarium
- Stingray Lagoon
- Wild Arctic
There is of course plenty of restaurants and eateries as well as quite a few shopping areas – and you just never know who you might bump into!
For more information on SeaWorld Orlando visit their website www.seaworld.com